Hot Issue

Air Pollution Awareness with CyClean – Chatting with a Child



I sometimes wonder about the world in which we live. The world is the way it currently is partly because of the choices our ancestors made and partly because of the choices we make. Some of these outcomes are good, but some are bad. Nevertheless, we have no choice but to confront these issues and do our best to make earth a better place to live.

I mention this because we have reached the end of our Air Pollution Awareness with CyCylean journey. To finish our series, we brought a special guest, a child, to discuss air pollution with her. I know, this may be a heavy topic, and we tried to keep the conversation as light as possible. But we thought it’d be interesting to hear the opinion of an innocent child on the topic of air pollution. I think after reading this article, you will be motivated to make our planet a better place to live.

Let me introduce to you our little friend Soyoung. Soyoung is a 7 year-old girl who is attending elementary school. She lives with her mom, dad, and baby brother in Seoul. They are a happy family, and I was able to tell that Soyoung has a great relationship with her mom and dad and brother. I met with Soyoung and her mother at a park. The mother and daughter had come out to enjoy the autumn weather and to play on a playground. I had the chance to speak with Soyoung for a brief period of time.

We sat at on a bench under a bright, blue sky. I of course couldn’t ask her about how she felt about the air pollution problem. This was for adults to talk about. So I started the conversation by talking about what she likes to do for fun. Giggling, Soyoung said, “I like to play with my brother. He is such a little baby, I have to take care of him. I also like to play on the swing set and ride my bike with my friends.” Soyoung was just a typical girl who had no worries in life. We talked about her friends, what she is learning in school, and what she likes to eat. She told me she had a boyfriend already. Kids these days.



Then, I brought up the topic of air pollution in a way that was easy for her to understand. I asked her if she knew what air pollution was. She said, “Maybe.” I told her air pollution is the thing that causes her to wear a mask to school. She exclaimed, “I know what that is! My mom tells me to be careful all the time. So I wear a mask.” I asked Soyoung, “How does it feel to wear a mask?” She said, “I hate it. It’s hard to breathe with a mask on.”

It sure isn’t pleasant to have a mask on your face. I asked Soyoung if she ever got sick because of the bad air quality. She replied, “My throat sometimes hurts and I have to eat medicine. I sometimes cough, too.” Soyoung’s mom pitched in, saying that her daughter often takes her mask off because it is uncomfortable for her. That is why she got sick a few times.

You see, children are more prone to illnesses from breathing in polluted air. On average, an adult breathes 12 times per minute, while a child breathes 20 times per minute. Children’s brains are still developing when they are young. Thus, breathing in polluted air can slow development, cause child obesity, and cause asthma and other respiratory illnesses. Thus, it is of utmost importance that we have our children wear masks and make sure they ingest a lot of water.

I said to Soyoung, “That must suck. What if I told you there is a solution to this air pollution. Would you be happy?” Jumping up and down, Soyoung answered, “Yes! I don’t like wearing masks. And I don’t like it when my throat hurts. But how can you help with this problem?” I explained CyClean to her. I told her that the cars she sees on the streets produce bad air, and we breathe in the bad air. That’s what makes us sick. However, CyClean is producing vehicles that do not produce any bad air. Therefore, air quality improves as more people use CyClean’s products. Soyoung said, “Then I wish more people use CyClean.” Turning to her mom, Soyoung asked, “Mom, can we get a CyClean bicycle?” Children in their innocence can be the most helpful at times.



I promised Soyoung that CyClean will do its best to prevent her from getting sick again, and that we will make sure that she doesn’t have to wear those annoying masks anymore. She said, “Thank you! You’re such a nice ajussi (which is the Korean word for “old man”).” Slightly offended, I smiled at Soyoung and said, “You’re welcome.”

There are millions of children in the world who suffer from the same problem Soyoung suffers. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund, about 300 million children are exposed to dangerous levels of air pollution. The problem is most severe in the regions of South Asia and Africa. In this way, children all over the world are suffering, and now is the time to help them. Now is the time to join the clean cycle with CyClean to make our air breathable again.

If we do not act now, we will ruin the future for our children. They surely do not deserve a polluted planet, so check out CyClean today and join our movement. If we become one, we can bring about change. Why don’t we do it with CyClean?








** For more information about CyClean, please visit our website at cyclean.io.