Hot Issue

Air Pollution Awareness with CyClean – Chatting with a Doctor



Today, we’re back with part two of CyClean’s air pollution awareness series. Air pollution, especially fine dust in Korea, is an unsolved problem in Korea and causes a number of health issues. In our previous post, we spoke with a distraught mother who was worried about her child’s health. She was aware of the health dangers she and her family were facing, and she was thoroughly impressed with the solution CyClean offered. I’m sure we all share her concerns. Because air pollution is a universal problem, we connected with a doctor to ask a medical professional about the air pollution problem. After learning about the health effects of dirty air, we explained to the doctor about CyClean and the CyClean solution.

On a Friday evening, I met with Dr. Choi at a café near his clinic. Dr. Choi is a pulmonologist who has many years of experience. I sat with him while sipping on a cup of tea, and we exchanged pleasantries before dealing with air pollution.

I started off with a short yet critical question: How severe is the air pollution problem? Dr. Choi, with a stern look on his face, replied, “It is very severe. And it keeps getting worse. Fine dust is especially problematic, as it causes numerous respiratory and other health problems.”



We throw the term “fine dust” around a lot, but I was curious to know what exactly it meant. Dr. Choi told me that we call particles in the air that are smaller than 10 micrometers in diameter, small enough to be breathed into our bodies. Okay, so they’re small particles, but what do they do to our health?

Dr. Choi answered this question this way. “When fine dust particles enter our body, they really cause a wide range of issues. The obvious ones are respiratory ones, such as chronic asthma, coughing, and lung cancer, if someone is exposed to fine dust for a prolonged period of time. Smaller fine dust particles can enter your blood stream to cause damage in places you don’t expect. Fine dust really is an invisible yet deadly weapon. I remember reading that over 7 million people on this planet die earlier than they should because of fine dust pollution. We really should be concerned.”


A visual of dust particle size and effects

After hearing these facts, I felt my heart sink. Air pollution really is more than just a nuisance that can be ignored. Since we cannot immediately replace the air surrounding us, I thought, “There must be something we can do to protect our health.” Thanks to Dr. Choi, I found out how I can prevent damage from being done to my body. Here’s what he said.

“While this is a problem, we can do our best to stay healthy in bad air conditions. First, if you’re indoors, do not open your windows. When fine dust levels are bad, opening windows can bring unwelcomed fine dust particles into your house. You don’t want that to happen. Second, when you are going outdoors, always wear a mask. Wearing a mask will prevent dust from entering your lungs, which in turn will prevent laryngitis and bronchitis. Third, drink lots of water! I cannot stress this enough. Water is magical in that it does wonders for our bodies. By drinking water, you keep your respiratory tract moist, and this prevents fine dust particles from settling and causing inflammation. I would suggest that you drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Fourth, wash your hands and bodies, and brush your teeth. People with sensitive skin should particularly put more time into washing off particles after going outside. Finally, diet is important. Consuming vegetables and fruits prevents the buildup of fine dust particles in your body. If you remember these tips, you can stay relatively healthy when air pollution levels are dangerous.



Thanks Dr. Choi! I think we all needed this information. My throat often feels sore after a long day outside, and I think it may be because I didn’t drink enough water. Now I know. What we just heard are short-term solutions to air pollution. I wanted to know what Dr. Choi thought the long-term permanent solution is. Dr. Choi took a short pause and then said this.

“A permanent solution you say… I’d have to say reduce smog and emissions! That’s the only way. We have cars and factories spewing toxic gases into the air. Until that stops, I’m afraid we’re going to have to keep fighting this battle.”

Well, I think we all know about a solution that will eventually stop air pollution. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Yes, I explained the CyClean project to our doctor friend. I told him about CyClean’s vision of reducing air pollution and restoring the world to a better state by incentivizing people to use CyClean’s eco-friendly products. Here’s how he responded.

“That is really interesting. I know about Bitcoin, but I didn’t know about CyClean. As a doctor, it hurts me to see children come in coughing because of the bad air. I really hope CyClean can pull this off. It may take some time, but I do think it is a possible solution for reducing car emissions. By reducing emissions levels, we will have to worry less about air pollution injuring our bodies.

When I mentioned CyClean’s mining system, Dr. Choi smiled. He said, “So you’re telling me I can make money by using CyClean’s electric bike and scooter? Put an order in for me.”

I chatted with Dr. Choi about other matters, and then we went our own ways. Through this meeting, I learned about the frightening reality of air pollution and how we can minimize the damage done to our children, parents, and selves. In the long run, something else must be done, and Dr. Choi seems to agree that CyClean can be the change the world needs.








** For more information about CyClean, please visit our website at cyclean.io.