Hot Issue

Why I’m a Part of the CyClean Movement – From a Businessman’s Perspective

Everyday on my way to work, I encounter huge throngs of people, students, businessmen, and senior citizens filling the entrances of the subway station. When the subway arrives, one by one they step inside the subway to carry on with whatever they have scheduled for the day. Millions of people make use of Seoul’s subway system, which is highly developed and convenient for everyone, but it also comes with the burden of heavy energy consumption. As you know energy conservation is a global hot topic.



Passing the subway station and hitting the road, I see cars stuck in traffic. Cars of all sizes honk at each other as they spew greenhouse gases into the air, trying to arrive at work on time. I watch as the big buses roll by, gray clouds of smog released into the air whenever the traffic light turns green. In Korea, there are over 20 million vehicles roaming the streets. Most of them are gasoline and diesel, so you can only imagine the amount of pollution that is produced. Trust me, it’s a lot.



However, I choose to ride CyClean’s electric bicycle to work. I have to admit, it does take a lot longer to travel to and from work than it would to ride the bus or the subway. We all have 24 hours a day, and nobody prefers a long commute. But it does come with its advantages. The first advantage is I contribute to a cleaner world by producing zero emissions. A cleaner world is better for me, my family, and for all of you. The second advantage is I can stay healthy by riding CyClean’s bicycle. After riding the bike for several months, I have lost some weight and have gained some leg muscle! I’m actually super proud of myself for that. Plus, the bicycle has an electric motor that assists me when I am feeling tired.



I am thankful to be able to work at an amazing company, but work does get exhausting. I oftentimes work late hours, sitting in front of the computer screen trying to meet deadlines. Just last week, I had to complete several reports because my coworker got sick. I’m not complaining, but my boss demands a lot from me, and that can get pretty stressful (please don’t tell him I said that). I bet a lot of you can relate with me on this topic. I’m grateful for being able to work, but as a person, I can’t help but get tired sometimes.



Plus, adult life isn’t as easy as I expected it to be, and this is something I learned soon after graduating from college. Suddenly, bills started pouring into my mailbox. I foolishly thought my parents would handle the bills for the rest of my life. Now that I’m living without their support, I have to pay for rent, utilities, and my car. I should have listened to my wife when she told me not to get that car. A friendly reminder to all of you to listen to your wives - they are wiser than you. Don’t learn it the hard way like I did.



Although life can be stressful, I am blessed to have two beautiful children. Spending time with them after work and on the weekends is my greatest joy. I like to build Legos with my son, play princess with my daughter, and take both of them out to the park. They like to eat hamburgers, so we like to find tasty hamburger restaurants in Seoul. Seeing them run to me after a long day of work blows all my stress away, and I can go to bed at night knowing that I have two angels that love me.



I also have to mention my beautiful wife. I met her when I was young, and she has been with me through the toughest of times and the happiest of times. She is the reason that I can wake up in the morning, put on my suit, and carry on with work. To escape reality, we sometimes like to leave the children with my parents and go on romantic dates that consist of a fancy dinner and wine. The kids are great, but we do need silence sometimes!



And that is why I can put on my helmet, hop on my bike, and ride CyClean’s bicycle to work everyday. I look into the eyes of my family as they say “Have fun at work,” and I promise myself to make sure they have a better future. A better future includes financial stability, but it also means creating a world in which they are safe to live. These days, the world has become a dangerous place. We can’t even breathe the air without getting sick! Air pollution is at an all-time high, and our streets are being filled with trash that is destroying our cities and our wildlife. It is for this very reason that I chose to be a member of the CyClean Movement.






By riding CyClean’s bicycle, I want to create a cleaner world for my children and my wife. There are definitely inconveniences. Riding the bike requires a lot of energy and focus because you have to keep your eye on the road at all times. Riding the bus or subway, you can take a short nap, listen to music, and play around with your phone. But don’t you think it is worth it when you consider the health of our children? Don’t you think it’s meaningful when you think of the future state of our planet? I sure believe it is worth it. Therefore, I will continue riding my bike, and I encourage you all to join the CyClean Movement as well. Together, we can make a cleaner world.








** For more information about CyClean, please visit our website at cyclean.io.